rivate giving is essential to MU's ability to succeed and provide for the future, and we want to thank alumni and friends for the roles they play. The university honors individuals who give at certain levels through membership in various giving societies, including the Jefferson Club, Chancellor's Society, Legacy Society and the societies of our schools, colleges and programs.
- Columns Society - acknowledges donors who play an essential role in ensuring MU’s continued success by giving year after year
- Jefferson Club - honors donors campus-wide as MU's major giving society, named in honor of Thomas Jefferson's commitment to education and MU's status as the first state university in the Louisiana Purchase Territory
- Chancellor's Society - recognizes donors who support MU through unrestricted gifts to the Chancellor's Fund for Excellence
- Legacy Society - honors donors who contribute gifts through estate planning, including bequests in wills or trusts, charitable-remainder trusts, pooled-income funds or life insurance
- School/College/Program Recognition - thanks donors in ways that vary by division; most are based upon concurrent membership in the Jefferson Club
If a donor wishes to remain anonymous, we will honor that request to the extent allowed by law. MU's Donor Bill of Rights
(PDF) outlines our commitment to confidentiality and the importance of the trust our donors place in us. By publicly recognizing university donors, we believe others will be motivated to join their peers in giving back to an institution that has given them so much.