Chancellor Brady J. Deaton and Mrs. Anne Deaton, Mike Swenson and his wife, Jan, and Wendy Harrington chat over lunch with three students who were awarded scholarships through the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence.
The Chancellor’s Society held its 11th annual Chancellor’s Society Luncheon on April 28, 2012. Prior to the luncheon, Chancellor Brady J. Deaton and Mrs. Anne Deaton and the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence Development Committee invited guests to the Residence on Francis Quadrangle to recognize new and upgrading members. Mike Swenson, BJ ’70, chair of the committee, introduced the new members in attendance. Below is the list of new and upgraded Chancellor’s Society members from the past year:
Chancellor's Society Distinguished Fellow
- Mr. Warren Theodore Dill (upgrade)
Chancellor's Society Fellow
- Ding-Hua Hu, Ph.D. (upgrade)
Chancellor's Society Sustaining Members
- Mr. and Mrs. Kenneth L. Cage
- Mr. Anthony B. Casarona
- Ms. Catherine E. Comley
- Dr. and Mrs. Robert C. Dickeson
- Mr. and Mrs. John W. Dickey
- Mr. and Mrs. Gregory L. Lashley
- David and Jennifer Miles (upgrade)
- Ms. Kimberly Potterfield
- Mr. William Richmond
- Mr. David Allan Slagel
Chancellor's Society Annual Members
- Mr. Mark Elliot Blitman and Mrs. Randi Kay Blitman
- Mr. Thomas Price Botts
- Dwight Delon Brown, Ph.D.
- Joyce Cacho, Ph.D.
- Mr. Byron E. Calame and Dr. Kathryn Boehm Calame
- Ms. Qin Gu
- Mr. Mark Hechler
- Dr. Ann Marie Rueff Heikkinen and Mr. David Heikkinen
- Mrs. Jill Veigel Javors
- Mr. Robert Taylor Key and Mrs. Nancy Key
- Shannon T. Mattern, M.D.
- Mrs. F. Millington McCoy
- Richard and Denice Mendenhall
- Mr. Richard R. Nelson and Mrs. Marjorie Nelson
- Dr. and Mrs. Thomas B. Thomason
- Mr. Jeffrey Andrew Townsend and Mrs. Anne E. Townsend
Following the new member convocation, guests had lunch at the Reynolds Journalism Institute. Wendy Harrington, EdD ’11, MBA, ’99, vice chair of the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence Development Committee, introduced Discovery Fellows Andrew Allee and Lauren Welby, and Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence scholarship recipient Rhiannon Koehler. All three students have benefited from the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence, an unrestricted fund that allows the chancellor to support MU’s most compelling needs and take advantage of unexpected opportunities.
The Chancellor's Fund for Excellence Development Committee was established in 2009. Made up of Chancellor's Society members, the purpose of this committee is to assist the chancellor in promoting campus-wide unrestricted giving.
For more information about the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence or the Chancellor’s Fund for Excellence Development Committee, please contact Sue Mills at 573-882-4790 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More stories: Donor profiles